whatever, whenever, wherever

25 July 2014


Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
I actually read this book a few months ago, I actually finished in during uni because I based one of my projects on the story. It's about a guy who has a low IQ and goes through an experimental operation to become smarter. It's a really touching story and it's about so much more than just someone becoming smarter, I loved all the themes in this book and I'd defo recommend it to everyone. It's an easy read too!

Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
I opted for Kafka on the Shore as my first Murakami read. I've heard a lot about his books before but I wasn't sure if it would be my thing but it defo is my thing! So different to anything I have read before but so gripping. I just love the way he writes and the characters in the story. The chapters alternate between two characters whose stories eventually intertwine and I found myself reading through so quickly to see how they would connect. If you haven't read any Murakami books before then I'd defo recommend this as a first.

Paper Towns by John Green
I chose Paper Towns as an easier read to tone down the Murakami craziness. I've never actually read The Fault in Our Stars before but I was gifted this at Christmas so I thought I would read this first. This was a quick and fun read, I was a bit unsure at first but I really did enjoy it after. The ending was a bit of a let down for me though!

Have you read any great books recently?

10 comments:

  1. I am looking for a book to read on the London underground and I think I will love the first one. Sounds pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the Flowers for Algernon short story and it was so good! Now I want to check out the novel. This summer, I've so far read The Gold Finch, The Good Luck of Right Now, #GIRLBOSS, The Fault in Our Stars, and Let's Discuss Diabetes with Owls. Currently reading A Thousand Splendid Suns.


    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it is so good! I've heard a lot about #GIRLBOSS and The Fault in Our Stars. How is a Thousand Splendid Suns? I've been meaning to buy that one for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Norwegian wood, but it's the only book I've read by him. I hear it's considered much less sci-fi than his other novels. I'm afraid I won't like his other novels, but I keep meaning to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I think it's the only one that's quite "normal" haha. You should give Kafka on the Shore a go, I thought that I wouldn't like it either but I ended up really enjoying it. Yeahh I wanted to get a Kindle too but I love having books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Haruki Murakami! Norwegian Wood is my favourite! xx

    www.roseandmuse.com

    www.roseandmusevintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah I still need to read The Fault in Our Stars!

    Awrr thank you so much, I'll check out the post now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read Flowers for Algernon and loved it and yes, I did cry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just re-read an Australian rural romance called 'Jillaroo' by Rachael Treasure. It's a good yarn!
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © + whatsupjub | Powered by Blogger
Premade Blogger Template by Atelier 21